Monday 31 March 2014

My Mixed Media Mini…..

Welcome. Today's project is my version of a mixed media mini album. I love mini albums so much! But I admit I don't go for long drawn out tutorials. Again, I don't have the time, patience or focus for anything too complex. Although today's mini isn't an afternoon project( well it could be if you work much quicker than I do!). The mini it's self is very simple to do. The embellishing is purely up to you on how elaborate or simple you wish to make yours.  As you can see with mine it is going to take me this week, assuming my work load doesn't get too hectic and I can squeeze in a few hours of "me time".

So let's get started with the basics. I started with the kraft envelopes Stampin Up sells. I happen to get my hands on the UK and US ones and only just found a couple days ago that they are different in size! The US measure approximately 5 3/4 x 4 1/2 ", where the UK version is 3 1/2 x 5". No idea why they varied the size but for this project they came in very handy!

I have stitched together 4 small and 4 medium size envelopes. If you don't have any Stampin Up ones just use what you have on hand.






Once you have stitched the two medium envelopes and two small envelopes together you will end up with one end on each grouping. I decided to seal these together to add some interest inside my album. You of course could simply arrange yours so this seals to the front and back of the album and then cover it with your choice of papers. I like to be different:-)


Once I have attached the two sides together I began adding some fancy edging to the pockets formed by cutting the ends of the envelopes off.

Now the fun bit! Embellishing. I am really happy with the result. What do you think?







I am especially proud of the fact I managed to up cycle a coaster from the British Heart Association. Every year they mail out these coasters to people and I just don't have the heart ( no pun intended ) to send them back. So today it has found another use, covered in lovely papers mind you, but better than ending up in the trash …er……rubbish.

So there you have it! If you like what you've seen then stop in again. I will be adding more pages, tags and lovelies to this mini. Have a wonderful day. Cya soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment